Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Drunken Master's Steak Dinner

  Any cut of beef you like will do. I call this drunken master because you will be marinating your meat in wine. White or red is fine but it will alter the taste (I prefer white wine). You will salt and pepper your cut of meat and rub it down with any dry steak seasonings and seal it in an air tight freezer bag of white wine. (I prefer Gallo family vineyard wine) It's cheap. Allow this bag to sit in a freezer for about 4 hours. I like my steaks med-rare so I set my cooking surface to a med-high heat. I add raw onion to saute with my steak and use the wine and butter to create a very flavorful gravy sauce from the cooking steak juices to savor over a bed of white rice if desired. I strongly recommend it.

  This entree is best served with my Drunken Master Potatoes. Cut raw red potatoes into fours and bake them until soft. Transfer them into a sauce pan with a tea spoon of olive oil,  a dash of salt & pepper, 2 table spoons of butter and 1/3 of a cup of wine. Allow the potatoes to crisp on the sides over a med-hi heat. The potatoes are done when they have browned. Word to the wise; when preparing this dish just keep the bottle handy until you're done cooking. Enjoy your dinner!  FLAWLESS VICTORY!

No comments:

Post a Comment