Thursday, August 25, 2011

Spaghetti and Turkey sauce

  I developed this recipe because of a roommate I had who loved my cooking but refused to try my meat sauce when I cooked spaghetti. She was on some anti-beef kick so I decided to use ground turkey instead. I also decided to add smoked turkey sausage to the ground turkey sauce recipe. This version of my meat sauce is a big win with my relatives. Now because everyone has different methods of producing their pasta sauce for spaghetti I will only focus on what will be added to the sauce and how long it should cook together. I'll post a red pasta recipe some other time. For now, lets get hungry. You will need...

                                                                    - at least 3 lbs. of ground turkey
                                                                    - smoked turkey sausage
                                                                    - red, green, and yellow bellpeppers
                                                                    - a whole onion
                                                                    - basil
                                                                    - garlic powder
                                                                    - cayenne pepper
                                                                    - (your) pasta sauce
                                                                    - olive oil

   Now, pull out your cutting boards and cut your onion and peppers. For this sauce you can either dice or julienne the peppers(I julienne the peppers). But the onions must be diced. Slice your smoked turkey, I tend to use a lot of sausage so don't be afraid to. Drop all of this into the pot you're cooking the ground turkey and sliced turkey sausage over a medium or med-hi heat setting. Add salt & pepper and allow to cook together(Let your sausage sear and your onions caramelize). Now merge your meat and peppers with your pasta sauce over the same heat setting you cooked the meat over. Add basil and garlic powder at one's discretion. If you enjoy a little kick to your pasta add a single teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the sauce and stir. Allow the sauce to simmer on a med-lo heat setting for 10 minutes and then allow to cool. Rinse off some pasta and enjoy.  FATALITY!

No comments:

Post a Comment